About Me

My photo
A college created blog that shall follow all the courses I undertake on my apprenticeship. Comical, and terribly cringe-worthy mishaps are inevitable.

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Unit 3, 4.2 "Research and plan a test for an identified opportunity."

Unit 3, 4.2 - "Research and plan a test for an identified opportunity."




One of the things I have found that many people (including myself) do when they go for their daily-shower is sing. Admittedly, everyone has sung to themselves in the shower at least once. It's where we can belt out embarrassing tunes without fearing we'll be overheard by anyone else we live with.


Karaoke is extremely popular worldwide, particularly in Japan where they have their own bars dedicated to karaoke singing.


Singing along to pop songs has moved away from singling themselves out for those on a night out, too. Games like Singstar have proved just how successful karaoke can be in your home, as well. 


So, I thought, why not combine the two? Not only will you be able to keep yourself squeaky clean, but you can sing along to real songs in the process!


First things first, though - does a shower karaoke machine already exist? To make sure it didn't, I carried out my research online into the product.


The findings of my research proved that my idea isn't already a product, but also, the first two searches on Google when I typed 'shower karaoke machines' were articles wishing that a shower karaoke machine was in existence:


Example 1


Example 2


Of course this isn't solid evidence in finding out if I have identified an opportunity in the creative media market with my product, so, I have made the following form that my fellow apprentices (or anyone else) would fill out once I have pitched my idea, grading my product in terms of its pros, cons, and if it were to exist, would they buy it?


Converging media product pitch unit 4, 4.2

View more documents from CherokeeSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment