About Me

My photo
A college created blog that shall follow all the courses I undertake on my apprenticeship. Comical, and terribly cringe-worthy mishaps are inevitable.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Unit 6, 2 and 2.1 - Video Production

For our DiVA Viral Marketing Campaign, in a short amount of time, we went through the stages of Pre, Post, and the Production itself to create our Viral Marketing Video.

Here are some of the stages we underwent...

A group 'Mind Map' on what apprentices do.
.
The Whiteboard that Joy and I wrote out

Robert's designs for the Apprentice Man.
The DiVA Viral Marketing Campaign crew, with me on Camera.
Some of the team, including myself, editing away.

I was able to both contribute in a technical capacity and undertake a technical role in the creation of a video product, by being set a number of different jobs within the filming and post, such as working on camera and also editing. 

As camera operator on the shoot, I conversed with our assigned director, Robert, on how to frame each of the shots - what would work best, etc.- most of which the final video product was filmed by myself. 

While on camera, I was also in charge of sound, making sure that our actors were heard at all times, otherwise the scenes would have to be re-shot in order for the sound to sync in with the visuals. 

On top of being the main-go to person for the sound on set, I - along with fellow classmate Deri - sourced out plenty of free copyright sounds online to add to the video, which were included in the final product to create more of a professional affect. 

As for editing, the whole team took turns to splice up all the footage, and make it into a smooth running video. We conversed with one another as separate people took on the editing role, to make sure that we were all heading in the right direction.

I also assisted in setting up the lighting for wherever we were intending to film, understanding that, if the lighting in a shot was off, we would have to either convert it in post or re-take the shot, which would have pushed us back further from our deadline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment